Unfortunately, sometimes the care provided by an NHS Trust, a doctor or other healthcare professionals can fall below an acceptable standard. If you suffer as a result of this then you may be entitled to claim compensation.
People can be reluctant to take action against an NHS Trust or doctor as they are providing them with care. However, medical professionals must meet many stringent standards and failure to do so fully could mean they are liable for how you got suffered.
Clinical negligence claims need to be started at least 3 years after the treatment; although there are some exceptions.
Examples of situations which can lead to a successful claim are:
- Failing to take account of your history;
- Failing to investigate your symptoms and complaints properly;
- Failing to make a proper diagnosis;
- Failing to make any necessary referrals to specialists;
- Failing to initiate action in order to take all reasonable steps to heal you;
- Failing to provide a reasonable course of treatment; or,
- Failing to follow up on your aftercare. These are just a handful of examples.
Many different scenarios can happen and if you think you may be entitled to claim, talk to PCB Solicitors today, by either calling our Shrewsbury office on 01743 248148 or email us here.
Our friendly team will offer no-nonsense advice on whether you may have a case and how you should proceed. Remember that by making a claim you can ensure that action is taken to prevent the same thing happening to others in future.
One of our experienced team can arrange to see you at one of our offices in Shrewsbury, Telford, Church Stretton, Craven Arms, Ludlow, Knighton and Clun.