We can help you through this difficult process. Where you need us to obtain the Grant of Probate on your behalf where no Inheritance Tax is payable we offer a fixed fee. This is usually where the estate is worth less than £325,000 or where the deceased left a spouse. Once you have given us details of the assets and the family circumstances and we have had sight of the Will, we will be able to tell you whether this fixed fee will apply or whether another fixed fee will be applicable or some other indication of costs.
We can also undertake the collecting and distributing of assets. We can give you a quote for this when we have details of all of the assets.
We can help where the Will is missing or there are any problems with the Will. There will be additional costs for this which we can give a better idea at the time, depending on what is involved.
How much does this service cost?
TOTAL: £1448.50 (incl. VAT).
This quote is in relation to obtaining a Grant of Probate on a straight forward Estate.
Breakdown of costs:
Legal fees £950
VAT on legal fees £190
Disbursements : Minimum Total Estimate £308.50 (This has been calculated as an estimate for a straight forward Probate application with one Executor).
• Probate court fee of £156.50 (for 3 office copies, extra copies are 50p each.)
• Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary).
• Between £150-£300 approximately for a Post in The London Gazette and Local Newspaper(dependant on the local newspaper fee) - Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors and unexpected claims.
• £15 plus Vat Settling Fee for the oath.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
• Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate solicitor/ practitioner to work on your matter, with assistance from other members of the team as required
• Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
• Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
• Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
• Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
• Draft a statement of truth for you to swear
• Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
• Obtain the Probate and send three copies to you (or as required.)
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 2 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 3 weeks from when you swear the Oath. The paperwork should be ready around a fortnight after you have given us the appropriate figures. At the moment there are lengthy delays which we can give you the latest information when required.
We can obtain figures, deal with larger estates, deal with the administration f an estate, deal with estates where there is no will, put in place a Deed of Variation or set up a Trust.
Please contact us if you would like to know more about our cost for any of these.
If you wish to find out further details then please contact us by email.
Please note that prices are correct as of 4th July 2019.