01743 248148

Registration of Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)

On October 1 2007, the Enduring Power of Attorney was replaced by the Lasting Power of Attorney. An Enduring Power of Attorney that was made and signed before October 1 2007 can still be used. 

Existing EPAs can only be used to deal with property and financial affairs, the Attorneys appointed under this document cannot make decisions for the Donor in relation to their health and welfare. If the donor loses mental capacity this the EPA must be registered with the Office of the Public Guardian.

We can assist with the registration including advice on who needs to be notified.

Please be aware that the above is a simple summarised explanation of Enduring Powers of Attorney based upon the law as at August 2017 and is subject to change. For specific advice in relation to your individual circumstances please contact a member of the team below.

Pauline Davies pauline.davies@pcblaw.co.uk at the Shrewsbury, Knighton or Clun office 

Julie Griffiths julie.griffiths@pcblaw.co.uk at the Church Stretton office

Thomas Wardle thomas.wardle@pcblaw.co.uk  at the Craven Arms or Ludlow office

Rachael Stokes  rachael.stokes@pcblaw.co.uk  at the Shrewsbury or Telford office 


In this section:

Who can I talk to about Registration of Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)?

Legal Clerk Julie Griffiths:


Tel: 01694 723818

Solicitor Rachael Stokes:


Tel : 01743 248148 

Head of Wills & Probate Pauline Davies:


Tel: 01743 237124

Quick Contact

Do you need to talk to someone in a hurry? We can call you back, just leave your details.


What People Say

To read the most recent testimonials from appreciative clients click here

Free Case Assessment

Discuss your needs commitment free so you can plan your next move. Contact us today. 

Share PCB

24hr Emergency Line: Need to speak to someone urgently? Call confidentially on 07974 648495, any time of the day.