Motoring Offences Pricing
Summary only motoring offence including drink driving offences, speeding offences, using a mobile phone, careless driving – fixed fee £600.00 inc VAT @ 20% (£500.00 + VAT £100.00)
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions either in person or if you prefer on the telephone or zoom etc
- advice on court procedure, on plea and likely sentence
- where appropriate providing advice on whether an exceptional hardship or special reasons argument should be made
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court , in the event a guilty plea is entered at this hearing and the court proceeds to sentence then this will include representation at that hearing .
- Travel to a local court magistrates court i.e. Telford , Welshpool , Llandrindod Wells
The fee of £600 will cover the vast majority of motoring offences where you intend to plead guilty and our dealt with in one hearing for example guilty pleas to drink driving offences, speeding, careless driving and using a mobile phone or failing to provide driver details.
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- representation at a trial, special reasons hearing, or other contested hearing.
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
- Costs of travel to a non-local court
Where the case requires more than 2 hours attendance/preparation or more than one hearing or is a special reasons hearing or contested hearing then we will either charge you on an hourly basis depending on the experience of the solicitor of between £240 per hour and £360 per hour (including VAT) or we will agree a fixed fee with you.
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of up to a maximum £250.00 per hour).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court.
- We anticipate being at court for half a day, but this can depend on the court listing arrangements.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
If you wish to find out further details then please contact us on 01743 248148 or by email.
Please note that prices are correct as of 9th October 2023
VAT is currently charged at 20%.